Sunday, January 08, 2006

Comic Book Movies

Thanks to the Holiday Gift Giving Season, my comic-based movie collection has grown by leaps and bounds.

My mom, with my wife's help, bought me The Punisher and The Crow. In my humble opinion, two awesome movies. It seems to me when I went to see The Punisher at the movies, the scene where Frank Castle's family gets run over by the thugs was way more brutal, as in you could actually see them go beneath the vehicle. No guts and gore mind you, but you definitely saw the heinous act. Not so on the DVD. One minute they are running, cut to them falling, then cut to the vehicle driving on. Not as gruesome. Maybe this was the way it was at the theater, and my faulty memory is tricking me.

Then my wonderful wife surprised me by getting me The Fantastic Four. Once again, I think this movie was awesome. I was very skeptical when I first saw some of the images before the movie was released, but once I was at the theater, I was not disappointed. Like the Hulk, which was horrible, I was simply excited to see it to watch a childhood favorite hit the big screen. I love the Hulk comics as a child and basically grew up reading The Fantastic Four. I still read the FF.

Comic movies to look forward to this year (to my knowledge so far) are X3 and V for Vendetta.

No comments: