Thursday, January 05, 2006

Can I put one of these in my house?

While checking out Slublog’s Friday Link Dump, I came across the link he has for the 50 Best Robots Ever (R2-D2 of course). While there I started poking around and found this. Not only is it one of the coolest home theater setups I have ever seen, but it is Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief Mark Quesada’s no less.

(I am now wiping drool from the corner of my mouth.)

The wife and I have talked about building someday, and I always joked that I would like to have a hidden room home theater and that we would budget in a 42” LCD TV. I’d have some sort of pressure sensitive hidden door that you would have to open to get into the theater. I’ll never be able to do what Quesada’s done, but a home theater would definitely be cool. I’ll be a little more serious the next time the discussion comes up.

Oh, and I'd have to put some money in the budget for a new G5 to run all of it too (more drool).

No comments: