Sunday, October 24, 2004

Spider-Man Covers

Oops. I didn't realize that these were just sitting here this weekend without anything written about them. I just set up a Flickr account for hosting pictures and I'm still getting all the kinks worked out.

Now for the covers. As I was browsing the Marvel Catalog this weekend, I came across these two Spectacular Spider-Man issues that are going to be penciled by Aspen Comics very own Talent Caldwell.

The reason that I am so excited is because Talent is continuing the very stylized, cartoony drawing that Hubertos Ramos started the series with. Issuses 1-10 were drawn by Huberto Ramos, and his cartoony style complimented Spidey perfectly. Much to my dismay, issue #11 brought some horrible artist that made me stop buying the book. Huberto took over the drawing duties again with the Avengers Dissassembled series, with Paco Medina finishing up the series with #20. If the covers are any indication, Talent is going to continue this great style for the two isssues he is doing.

No comments: