Thursday, October 14, 2004

Presidential Debate #3

Sorry this post is so late. I was hoping to have this up earlier, but as you all know, life can be very upredictable.

Well, it is finally over. I thoroughly enjoy politics, but I have had enough. Bring on November 2nd so we can get on with our lives.

Now for the debate. No real devastating blows by either candidate, but I am going to give the debate win to the President. Unlike debate #1, George W. was personable, showed his experience, and connected with the people. Kerry on the other hand was stiff and looked like the walking dead. No connection with the audience or “America” whatsoever.

Bush scored big with the faith question, gay marriage, and of course with security. How do we relieve the National Guard members in Iraq? By succeeding. Great answer.

Kerry on the other hand was uncomfortable with the faith question and abortion question, and with good reason. Catholic voters aren’t going to like his answer to either one.

When it comes to jobs we have to remember a couple of things. The Bush administration inherited a recession, and then we were attacked on September 11th resulting in the loss of something like a million jobs. To have come back as far as we have, adding 1.6 million some odd jobs since then is tremendous. But remember, according to the Kerry camp everything is the Bush Administration’s fault, my leaking plumbing on Tuesday was the President’s fault. You get my drift.

I wish the president had done more with the assault weapons ban, but that is not going to be a huge deciding factor in this election. And it irritates me to no end that Kerry keeps saying that our police are going to be more threatened because the ban is gone. If someone is threatening officers with an AK-47, it is because the gun was bought illegally in the first place. These guys don’t go down to the local sportsman show and come out with an imported full auto. Previous legislation bans the sale of these weapons in the U.S. anyway. The “Assault Weapons” ban was on items that are almost cosmetic in nature. Anyway, I could see a long rant coming on about this so I will stop now.

If you haven't already, check out the real pundits here, here, here, here, and here.

Find a transcription of last night’s debate here.

We are now on the home stretch to November 2nd. And it can’t come soon enough. The President asked for my vote last night, and as I have intended all along I am gladly going to give it to him.

Update: Lynne Cheney on John Kerry: “This is not a good man.”

"Now, you know, I did have a chance to assess John Kerry once more and now the only thing I could conclude: This is not a good man," she said.

"Of course, I am speaking as a mom, and a pretty indignant mom. This is not a good man. What a cheap and tawdry political trick."


Kerry is done with moms everywhere. If there was any doubt that the Security Moms were going to vote for Bush, JFK just cinched the deal.

No comments: