Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Stardust

The Missus and I decided on an impromptu date night, and we ended up at the local cheap seats to see the movie "Stardust".

What an incredible film! Based on the graphic novel by Neil Gaiman, there is something for everyone in this film. Action, adventure, intrigue, romance, this movie has it all.

The film stars Charlie Cox as Tristan, a village shop boy with dreams of grandeur, Claire Danes as Yvaine, a fallen star brought to Earth to help Tristan fulfill his destiny, and Michelle Pfieffer as Lamia, and evil witch out to destroy the fallen star and prolong her life. Peter O'Toole, Rupert Everett, and a "flamboyant" performance by Robert De Niro as Captain Shakespeare round out the amazing cast assembled for this film.

I am going to make a bold claim right now: This could possibly be "The Princess Bride" of the new century. This one will definitely be added to the library when it is released on DVD (estimated to be December 2007). I wish I had paid the big bucks to see it at the nice, expensive theater.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good cast, but it looks cheesy.

Steven said...

Cheesy, huh? Is this about my scathing remarks about "The Ruins"...

Anonymous said...

It does sound kind of odd, but if you say it may be the next Princess Bride, then I have to see it. That's one of my all time favorites! Thanks for the review.

Steven said...

Cheryl, hopefully you won't be disappointed, but my wife also really liked the movie.