Saturday, September 22, 2007

Movie Mayhem

This morning, very early, Jess and I descended into the third circle of the underworld, known also as Walmart, to do a little shopping before the crowds hit. And what a trip it was...

...because they had $5.00 movies!!! And we got a bunch. Some were just to add to the collection, but some were bought with my birthday bounty. And here they are:

First up, the classic 1994 film "Stargate" featuring James Spader and Kurt Russell. I'm not a particular fan of either guy (I can't stand "Boston Legal"), but mix in a gate to the unknown and Egyptian Mythology, and I'm in!

Next up with have, "Jumanji" starring Robin Williams. The FX in this film were amazing for 1995, and it also helped that it was based on a children' book by Chris Van Allsburg.

Next up in the delicious movie bonanza is: "The Mexican". Now, some of you will be like, "Oh Yeah!" Others will be like, "What are you thinking?" I can't help it, I really dig this movie. I'm not a big Julia Roberts fan (not a fan at all really), but Brad Pitt is awesome! James Gandolfini (Tony Soprano) is amazing as well. Mix in a cursed Mexican pistol and you've got one cool movie.

And last but not least we have, "Twister". Good movie. I don't particularly care for Bill Paxton or Helen Hunt, but the effects are great and I use this movie for my Earth Science class when we do our unit on Tornadoes. Hey, some of us are visual learners!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The next time I'm in a cat-5 tornado I'm going to belt myself to some plumbing and believe that that will hold me as the shack around me gets sucked up in the maelstrom, because we all know leather is stronger than a house.