Monday, September 17, 2007

The Ruins by Scott Smith


I just recently finished reading "The Ruins" by "A Simple Plan" author Scott Smith. Now, I have never read "A Simple Plan", but I hope it is a far superior work than the current one.

I have been thinking about how I can write a scathing review of this bookish blunder, but I'll just give it to ya straight: This book was hideous! Sorry, Peter...

The only question that continually popped into my head was, "What is this guy thinking?".

Now, there was a couple of bright spots. The "bad guy" of the book had some pretty interesting ways of tormenting his victims, which was cool, and the ending was great, but that doesn't save this albatross from going down with the ship.

The time spent reading this literary fiasco can never be returned. So, the long and the short of it: don't read it.

No comments: