Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Case of the Bulging Battery

So, we went to Philly last week, and once we were settled in I got out my MacBook Pro to check my mail and so forth. Well, the trackpad was acting really funning. So I started inspecting my machine, and low and behold, the battery looked like this:



What? How could this be? What caused this? Did I do something wrong?

Come to find out, no I didn't. But, I thought I was going to be stuck buying a brand new $116 battery. But after some digging, I found the Apple Battery Exchange Program, and guess what, my battery was on the "not up to Apple's high quality" list.

Of course, it was buried and not easy to find, but it is there and still working, so I have a new battery coming in 3-5 business days.

Just when I thought I might have an actual reason to diss the Mac, Apple still comes through with the goods, continuing to prove why they are the best computers on the planet (no bias here).

No comments: