Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Vacation Day 3

No, you didn't miss the Day 2 post. I never did one. I was busy in the morning around the house and then got into online gaming in the afternoon, so I didn't take time to blog.

But today on the other hand, has been busy but good. I have one important task today that must be done and here it is: I am going to our local audiologist to have a hearing test. I spent way too many years in a rock band without any hearing protection, so I want to find out how bad any hearing damage I have really is. I still play in a band at church that isn't all that loud, but that still doesn't guarantee I'm not hurting my ears. I already have Tinnitus (ringing in the ears), so might as well have it checked out.

I'll let you all know how the results turnout. I have to admit, I am a little nervous.

UPDATE: Well, that was one of the quickest, most painless tests I have ever had. And the good news is, my hearing is normal. No damage, even despite my audio negligence, thank God!!! I am still going to get the musician's earplugs. No sense in causing damage now.

So, I guess when I can't hear my wife it IS selective hearing...

No comments: