Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Mrs. rants

Here is the first post by my lovely wife. As she watches the Today show each morning, she is getting completely fed up with Dick Cheney's accidental shooting. Her thoughts:

Ok, I don't know if it is just me, but if I hear one more thing about Dick Cheney shooting his friend and hunting partner, I'm going to scream!


Don't you think that we could have done with a little less coverage? I mean really, it was an accident. I'm sure Dick didn't wake up that morning thinking what fun it might be to shoot someone (at least not a good friend). I don't think we need to put him, the poor man that was shot and the country, through 24 hr. coverage and the fact that is wasn't disclosed as soon as it happend. What has happend to a little privacy these days?

Maybe we have forgotten that people get shot all the time and they don't get wall to wall coverage and that is when it isn't even an accident. Why don't we just hang it up and leave this subject alone? The media must be able to find something else to talk about. Like the Olympics or maybe a nice uplifting story.

But on another note I think I might get the T-shirt I saw this morning that said "I'd rather hunt with Dick Cheney than ride with Ted Kennedy."



No comments: