Friday, February 03, 2006

I must be a browser junkie…

There it is, I’ve admitted it, I have an addiction. I love web browsers. Not the old school browsers, like Netscape Navigator and the insipid Internet Explorer (Microsoft stopped developing it for the Mac at version 5), but cool, new ones, and there are a couple I am trying out.

Of course, Firefox is my browser of choice, and the old standby, while my wife’s is Safari. Here are a couple of new designer browsers I am trying out to see how I like them.

The first of this new batch is Flock. Built on a Mozilla platform, it works great, is aesthetically pleasing, but adding favorites is hard and I am still trying to get the hang of it (reading the how-to would probably help about now). Overall, though, very nice.

The newest addition to my hard drive is Shiira. This browser is being developed by a Japanese company and is based on the same platform as Apple’s Safari browser. The Shiira people however are touting their browser as being better than Safari. We shall see how this browser treats me. I’m downloading it as I am posting this. Link to Shiira via Monkey Bites.

No comments: