Monday, October 31, 2005

You're doing what?!?!


My wife has been passively watching the Gilmore Girls over the last couple of seasons. I would usually find something else to do. Well, with the new season she has been recording and watching it. So have I, passively.

The unthinkable has happened. Someone my wife works with let her borrow Seasons 1 & 2 of the GG. I resisted at first, but I’ve been sucked in. I spent the weekend on a Gilmore Girls marathon. We watched almost the entire first season, and I loved every minute of it.

Now, before you think I must be having an estrogen flair up, I find the dynamic between the characters great. The dialog is smart and witty; the interactions between Rori and Lorelai leave me exhausted it is so rapid fire. The strained family relationships remind many of us all too much of real life, therefore we can sympathize when Emily and Lorelai get into a scrap. It’s about life in a small town.

I had to kicking and screaming, or else I wouldn’t be fulfilling my manly duties. But, I am so glad I went.

We’re almost ready for Season 2!

No comments: