Monday, October 17, 2005

The Top 100 Book List

Time compiles their list of the top 100 books since 1923. I have only read a few, namely The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe and The Lord of the Rings, but there seems like there are a few missing that I would have had on my list.

Robert Heinlein’s Starship Troopers is a classic (forget the lame movie of the same title). So isn’t Joe Haldeman’s The Forever War.

However, Time had their criteria for picking, so it’s beyond me.

Oh, I did read Catcher in the Rye, too.

No others though. Maybe I need to read more.

Update: Upon closer inspection of the list, I was surprised and impressed to see that a graphic novel (comic) made the list. Alan Moore and Dave Gibbon's Watchmen made the list. I have started reading this, but haven't gotten far yet. I just finished reading Jeph Loeb/Tim Sales' Batman: A Long Halloween. More on this later.

No comments: