Monday, October 31, 2005

My Top 25 Books List

if Time can come up with their top 100 picks, why can’t I formulate a list? I just finished reading Lord of the Flies from the Top 100 list, so I thought I would compile my own list. Here we go.

My criteria is not based upon “a classic” status, how well it is written, or format, but solely on whether I enjoy the book enough to reread it. The books making my list are usually read yearly or at least often enough for me to own a copy, and not just borrow it from the library or someone I know. These are in no particular order, just know that Tolkien and Rowling are read more than the others are.


The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
The Necroscope Series (Necroscope, Necroscope II: Vamphyri!, Necroscope III: The Source, Necroscope IV: Deadspeak, Necroscope V: Deadspawn) by Brian Lumley
Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein
Hellboy: Seed of Destruction by Mike Mignola
The Forever War by Joe Haldeman
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas
The Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Gotham by Gaslight by Mike Mignola
Batman: The Long Halloween by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale
The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
The Stand by Steven King

Update: Add Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs to the list. Great book by who I would consider an under-appreciated author.

No comments: