Friday, December 03, 2004

For the Spider-Man Fan

Seeing that I enjoy both comics and movies, I get really excited when a comic-based movie gets made. Especially a good one. A really good one is Spider-Man 2. A great story about responsibility and the sacrifices that sometimes come with it, especially when you have the power to make a difference. Plus, the fight scenes between Spidey and Doc Ock are awesome, especially the train sequence. It is also a very emotional scene when the people on the runaway train attempt to defend the exhausted, unmasked Peter Parker from Doc Ock. The movie is well worth the rental whether a comic book fan or not. If you decide to buy it (which I highly recommend), it's a 2 disc DVD set with some 10 hours of extras.

As a young boy I read Spider-Man (the Todd MacFarlane era, before Spawn was released and he went out on his own), but never read a series about the mulit-limbed evil scientist Otto Octavius, so I went looking for some background info. After Googling Doc Ock, I found this great site called SpiderFan.org. Character Bios, a comic index, and so much more can be found here. With a single click I can find all the issues that were written by my favorite Spidey author Paul Jenkins and artist Huberto Ramos. There is an example of a Ramos cover featuring the Green Goblin below. SpiderFan.org is definitely worth checking out for info about our beloved Wall-Crawler. I've added a link on the right for easy access.

For the Spider-Man Fan