Saturday, March 17, 2007

Random Rules

My buddy Peter over at Slublog set the ol' iPod to shuffle, hit play, and hoped for the best. Well, seeing that the weather is extremely nasty here in our beloved Bangor right now (Snow, sleet, rain), I've done the same. I'm slightly shocked at what came up on my pod. A complete dichotomy:

"Meaning In Tradgedy"- As I Lay Dying- Buzzsaw guitars, rapid fire drums and plenty of screaming. From what I have read, these guys are Christians. How you would know from listening to them I don't know, but if they get people to come to Christ, go for it.

"Falling Upon Deaf Ears"- As I Lay Dying- More buzzsaw and growl.

"The Everlasting"- Third Day- C'mon, 1o years of rockin' for Christ. An essential. So many great songs.

"My Hope is in You"- Third Day


"Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck"- Demon Hunter- Awesome band. Great combo of buzzsaw/scream, but the newest album (The Triptych) is a very diverse album with a lot of awesome guitar, some scream, but some great harmonies and vocals. This song is a cover of a song by the Industial/Groove/Thrash metal band Prong.

"Mighty is the Power of the Cross"- Chris Tomlin- One of the greatest lyricists and worship leaders the church has going right now.

"Self-Inflicted"- Crowbar- The real heathens of this pack. Nothing but pure Doom/Grunge/Wall 'o' Sound metal here. Not for the faint of heart.

"Your Grace is Enough"- Chris Tomlin

"Made to Worship"- Chris Tomlin

"The Way I Was Made"- Chris Tomlin

Wow, I do have a really weird mix. The best of both worlds, so to speak. For fun, we got Jessica's iPod out as well. Here are her first ten:

"Smile"- Madeleine Peyroux

"All My Tears"- Jars of Clay

"Quando, Quando, Quando"- Michael Buble and Nelly Furtado- From the "Natalie Wants Friends!" album.

"Grey"- Barlow Girl

"I Can't Take it In"- Imogen Heap- From the "Chronicles of Narnia" soundtrack.

"Angel"- George Winston

"I've Got to See You Again"- Norah Jones

"Wunderkind"- Alanis Morissette- Another one from the "Chronicles" soundtrack. And also the only reason something from Alanis Morissette would end up on either of our pods.

"Touch Me, Feel Me"- Darude- Got to have some Eltronica/Techno.

"Anywhere"- Evanescence- The Mrs. can rock out...

There we have it. Random living at its best!