Sunday, March 11, 2007

Weekend Worship Set

Here is the Sunday morning set list for this week:

Adonai
Be Unto Your Name
Empty Me
Kindness
Give Us Clean Hands
Offering- Good to Me
Draw Me Close
Blessed Be Your Name

We do "Kindness" and "Give Us Clean Hands" as a medley, which works extremely well. I think I heard Chris Tomlin or someone like that do the two songs that way.

I tried a little experiment this morning with a little dramatic "buzzsaw" guitar on "Draw Me Close". I put a little distortion on the Les Paul for the second chorus. Nobody dropped dead and lightning didn't strike, and it wasn't like I was playing like Dimebag Darrell, so it went okay. The idea was to add some dynamics to the song, not draw attention to myself, because we do this for God and not ourselves. It seemed to work.

We are going to be missing some people next week, so it will be a nice little acoustic set Sunday morning, not a Les Paul driven wall of sound.

No comments: