Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunday Morning Music Set

After having a discussion with my friend Reese this morning at church, I've decided that I am going to try and post our Sunday morning worship sets here on the blog. I know that I am always looking for new songs to do on a Sunday morning, so hopefully this will help someone somewhere in worshiping our God and King.

A little background to start. We are a small church in Hampden, Maine, with about 250 attendees. We have two worship groups, of which I am the "leader" of one. Our first service group, the one I play in, has a twin Les Paul powered attack with a full compliment of drums, piano, bass and several singers. We can be a huge wall of sound. But, while our goal is always to sound good and play the best we can for God, we always strive to not be the focal point. We strive for invisibility, so the focus and goal is worshiping the Lord Most High, not us as musicians.

Here is the worship set for this Sunday:

1. Adonai- (Paul Wilbur)
2. Be Unto Your Name
3. Your Love, Your Mercy
4. Lead Me to Calvary
5. Light the Fire
6. From My Heart to Yours (offering)
7. Your Love O Lord
8. Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone)/Doxology

A couple people in our group had the idea to do the "Doxology" a cappella at the end of "My Chains are Gone" and it turned out to be amazing. God really did an amazing work with this song combination. Now, the doxology is not a song we have ever done, and in my ignorance, didn't even know what it was not growing up in a church that ever sang it, but it was perfect to end the service on.

Okay, I've rambled on long enough to now. More to come later.

No comments: