Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Dead of Winter in Maine

It took awhile to get here, but winter has finally arrived in our beloved state of Maine. December saw us having 40's and 50's, but during that last week we have often woken up to negative temps. And much to our chagrin, not much snow. Tomorrow's forecast is for a couple inches of snow, which will me nice for my buddy J.R. Mitchell and the Pine Tree Camp's Egg Ride.

The Mrs. is currently playing her new game in attempt to pass a cold winter's night. While being a complete button-masher, the voice talents of Elijah Wood, David Spade and Gary Oldman keep this one entertaining.

Norah Jones' new album, Not Too Late, is playing on the laptop as I write this. She could be singing jibberish and she would still be so amazingly talented. My favorite so far is "Sinkin' Soon". Interesting sound for this one.

School is going well. I survived the first semester with only a moderate amount of stress, anger and frustration. Me and the boys have made some great changes for this semester to reduce our stress as well as give the kids a better chance of success. Out of our class of 36 we have 20 seniors, and right now we hope to see most of them graduate. I'm very glad to be done with teaching Earth Science and Psy/Soc. I'm now on the Health, Pre-Algebra and Guitar. Never a dull moment.

Alright, I'm about to go pass some time reading this incredible novel. I am amazed so far and can't wait for the rest of the story to unfold.

No comments: