Friday, May 26, 2006

The Last Stand

Alright, limited blogging will ensue.

Going to see X-Men: The Last Stand tonight. I'll post after the film with thoughts, but this film has some major potential. MSNBC has a nice little interactive that gives you some information about the different characters not only in this movie but the previous two.

New to this film are Juggernaut, Kitty Pryde (Shadowcat) and my all time favorite, Colossus.

I also have to note that instead of going to our local theater, which is getting ridiculously expensive, we are going to drive about 10 minutes up I95 to Spotlight Cinemas, where you can catch a first run film very reasonably and also get snacks without taking a second mortgage on the homestead.

Update: The movie was awesome! No spoilers here. I'll leave it up to you to see the movie. The effects were amazing. The only real problem I had with the movie was with what the writers did to a couple of characters.

Ratner, in my opinion, did a great job considering he had to follow in Bryan Singers footsteps, which is a hard act to follow. The movie looked great even though it was a little choppy.

This reviewer thought that Ratner killed the film and that being a mutant in the movie can be a metaphor for homosexuality. What movie did this guy watch, Brokeback Mountain? John Hartl, get a life.

I can't wait to see it again. Fabulous! Worth the full price of admission!

No comments: