Friday, September 16, 2005

Jeph Loeb on Superman Returns

Here is a brief interview with the quitessential Superman writer, Jeph Loeb, with his thoughts on the upcoming "Superman Returns". Link via the Superman Hompage.


What do you think about “Superman Returns”?


JL: I think it's fantastic. The more I hear about it, the more excited I get.
But, I have to be honest -- I don't know how anybody can give you a REAL
assessment of the film before it's come out! I've seen little bits and pieces--
I believe in Singer and his passion. Bring the movie on!


(About Brandon Routh’s costume in “Superman Returns”) What do you think of it?

JL: It's different. But then again Tim Sale's Superman is different from Ed McGuinness' Superman which is vastly different from Alex Ross' Superman. And I love all three versions of the character. That's the power of an icon -- that you can tweak here and there. So, his "S" is smaller and the colors are darker -- you have to remember that at one time it was going to be a black trench coat and Nick Cage!

No comments: