Thursday, August 25, 2005

Fall TV Preview Schedules

I'm almost quivering with excitement at the prospect of another new season of TV, some new, some old, that is going to keep my butt glued to the couch and all calorie burning at bay.

Now, I'll only be covering ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and WB because those are the channels I get.

First off will be the alphabet network. Here is a link to their fall lineup.

Shows here that I am excited about are old favorites from last season. Lost, Alias, Exteme Makeover: Home Edition and Desperate Housewives are on definitely on the VCR recording list. Lost is going to be phenomenal and a must see, while it will be interesting to see how Alias deals with Baby Affleck. I'll check out Invasion, but that might have to wait until next summer and reruns.

CBS is going to be a hot commodity once again this season. The three CSI mega-hits return, along with Numb3rs, Survivor and Two and a Half Men. New shows that I'll watch are Close to Home, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, and How I Met Your Mother with Neil Patrick Harris (our beloved "Doogie" Howser).

Fox doesn't hold much allure, but my buddy Peter has turned me on to House and Bones looks promising.

NBC was a no-show for me last season, but they have a couple of shows worth checking out. My Name is Earl could be really funny, and Surface looks like good creepy fun.

I know I'll take some crap because I just can't get into Law and Order, but I've tried, and I just can't watch them. I'm not saying they are not good, but just not my thing. CSI will remain my procedural drama of choice.

Finally we hit the WB. Returning fave Smallville will be a staple, especially with James Marsters ("Spike") of Buffy fame making a run on the show as "Braniac". The only new show that I am really excited about watching is Supernatural. Of all the new spooky shows that are cropping up this year, Supernatural is going to be the clear winner for me. The show evokes memories of the old Phantasm II movie.

There you have it. The Fall preview. There is so much TV here that I might not see the light of day this fall.

Work, TV. Work, TV. Work, TV.

I see an unfortunate pattern developing here.

No comments: