Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Carnival of Playlists

My buddy Peter is putting together a "Carnival of Playlists" to see what other bloggers are listening to. Sounds like this could be fun. Here is my current playlist:

"Iron Tusk" by Mastodon. How can you not love a song by a group named after an extinct hairy elephant based on Moby Dick? These guys rock hard and have some great riffs in this song.

"The End of Hearthache" by Killswitch Engage. Another heavy metal group. I long ago grew tired of guys screaming at me, but the riffs are just so heavy and tonally complex that I can take it. Arghhh!!!!!

"The Slam" by Toby Mac. I've been laughed at by friends because I like Toby Mac. I saw him a couple of years ago at Creation, and he rocked hard. I've been hooked ever since. "Welcome to Diverse City" is not at good as his first album. More filler and less good stuff.

"Atmosphere" by Toby Mac. Great song. Nice mellow rhythm.

"Gone" by Toby Mac. A catchy little radio song. Nice guitar.

"Of Mice and Men" by Megadeth. How Dave Mustaine has matured. The guitar is just a good as ever, but he is definitely a different man. It is rumored that Mustaine accepted Christ a couple of years ago. Which brings us to...

"Shadow of Deth" by Megadeth. Psalm 23 done in metal fashion. Dave wouldn't have done this a few years ago.

"Caught a Glimpse" by Blindside. Swedish Christian Metal. Great stuff. Gritty.

"Follow Me Down" by Blindside. This one rocks hard.

"Silence" by Blindside. An eerie acoustic number. My emotions well up every time I hear it.

"Indescribable" by Chris Tomlin. The name in worship music these days. I am very excited because I am going to see him live Thursday night.

"New Again" by Brad Paisley and Sara Evans. Me and couple of others performed this at church over the weekend. Inspired by the Passion of the Christ. Great song.

Well, there is my playlist. It is a very odd bunch of songs I know. What can I say?

No comments: