Friday, April 30, 2004

Party for the Prez - I attended a National Party for the President at my friend Slublog's place last night. I obviously need no convincing to re-elect President Bush (if the many posts against John Kerry on this blog aren't enough of a clue), but it was nice to hang out with other Bush supporters. Plus I got some new Bush/Cheney '04 swag for my truck. That's always a big hit with my fellow co-workers (they haven't seen the light yet). The nationwide conference call with VP Cheney was cool, especially when a boy came on from New Mexico or someplace like that and asked the VP to comment on the declining Cowboy culture in the West and what to do about it. I can just picture Cheney with his hands around the throat of the guy who set up the conference call as he was answering the question.

While I was at the party, I signed up to volunteer at my local Bush headquarters. If you would like to see President Bush re-elected go to GeorgeWBush.com and sign up to volunteer. There are many ways to help out the campaign, and it is going to be people like you and me that help in the re-election effort. My own state of Maine has apparently been determined a swing vote state, so I feel the need to do everything I can to help swing the vote in favor of George Bush. Besides, it will be fun to show up at a Kerry rally with a pair of flip-flops...

No comments: