So I figure I'll share my reading list for the summer. As the end of school quickly approaches, it's time to get those books ready to go.
Now, this isn't necessarily the order in which they are being read, just the order they are coming out of the box that stores the books. Here we go:
1. Forever Peace- Joe Haldeman; the follow up to one of my faves, Forever War.
2. The Crucible- Arthur Miller; something about McCarthyism...
3. Flowers for Algernon- Daniel Keyes; always looking for books to read with my classes.
4. Treasure Island- Robert Louis Stevenson; another classic I have yet to read.
5. A Farewell to Arms- Ernest Hemingway; my co-worker says Hemingway is a must.
6. 12 Angry Men- Reginald Rose; I want to see how angry they really are...
7. Night- Elie Wiesel; I just finished Maus I & II with the kids so I want to see if I can add this book to the Holocaust arsenal.
8. The Codex- Douglas Preston; I also want to read the new Pendergast novel.
9. Persepolis- Marjane Satrapi; graphic novels are a must. Going to read this in English.
10. Pride of Baghdad- Brian K. Vaughn; I've been trying to get up the emotional courage to read this one.
I'm currently reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, but the zombies might not be enough of a draw to keep going. Boring...
If you have any suggestions, make sure you either post them or email me.