Monday, April 24, 2006

Appalachian Impressions

The Mrs. and I just finished watching Appalachian Impression: Hiking the Appalachian Trail by Flagler Films. I got interested in the AT after reading A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson.

I was pleasantly surprised by the incredible professional feel of this video. I think they did a great job of taking a look at the beauty of the 2,173 miles of the AT, while letting people know what an incredibly difficult task it is to thru-hike.

I must admit, for a fleeting moment I had grandious thoughts of hiking the entire thing. I know that this is complete foolishness, and the deal was clinched when they showed someone in the video flicking off his big toenail because they had all rotted off. Uh huh, no 2,200 miles hikes through the woods for me.

Someday I might do "the one hundred miles" trek in Maine, but that is in the distant future.

No comments: